Temporary Changes to Schedule and Services
Society of St. Stephen
TEMPORARY SCHEDULE AND SERVICES DUE TO CORONAVIRUS CONCERNS
Due to recent heightened public health concerns related to Covid 19, effective September 4th, SOSS will be taking a pause on our re-opening process and only be open on Mondays and Fridays from 9-11:30 am for drive by food only distribution.
Society of St. Stephen
HOW WE HELP
- The Society of St. Stephen provides food, clothing and limited financial assistance with utilities and medication to residents in our Service Area at no cost to the client.
- Service are provided at: 2307 Crystal Springs Dr., Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00-11:30am OR until we serve the first 36 clients.
- Clients may visit SOSS once every 30 days for food, once every 60 days for clothing, and once every 12 months for financial assistance.
- Closed for school and national holidays, following the Humble ISD calendar.
HOW TO GET ASSISTANCE
- Must live in our Service Area of zip codes 77327, 77336, 77339, 77345, 77346, 77357, 77365 and 77372.
- Documentation to bring each visit:
- Your photo ID
- Last electric, water, gas bill OR a lease if utilities are included. **Must show name and current address**
If your name is not on the utility bill, but another member of your family, please bring an additional piece of official (NOT personal) mail that has your name and address on it, such as Medicaid, car insurance, children’s school correspondence, etc.
HOW WE DO IT
- We receive donations and monetary gifts from individuals, philanthropic groups, churches, schools, businesses, corporation volunteer grants, and our major fundraiser – the SOSS women’s tennis tournament – held in the spring.
- Our 150+ regular volunteers give an average of 15 hours per month of their valuable time to SOSS.
- Our Back to School Drive supplies over 1,000 children each year with school supplies, a shoe voucher for one pair of new shoes, and new backpacks every year.
- For Thanksgiving we provide over 500 food baskets for a family holiday dinner.
- For Christmas we bring smiles to over 1,200 children, ages 1-14 through age specific gifts.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- DONATE! We always need gently used clothing, linens, and small household items. Please use your Kroger share card.
- VOLUNTEER! We have a wide variety of places to help, working with clients or working behind the scenes, on a regular basis or on seasonal projects, and flexible scheduling from a couple of hours a month to more.
- GIVE! Financial contributions can be mailed directly to us, or designated to SOSS and dropped in the collection plate at Kingwood United Methodist Church. Society of St. Stephen is a 501c3 agency.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
If you have questions or a need, please contact us!
Patty Carter, Director SOSS
(281) 358-7722 | 2307 Crystal Springs Dr., Kingwood, Texas 77339
Mailing Address: PO Box 6989, Kingwood, Texas 77325