Sunday, June 13th, 2021
This Week's Scripture
Luke 15:1-7 (NIV)
The Parable of the Lost Sheep
15 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
June 13, 2021
- Oh God, we lift Your name on high as You tenderly search for the lost and upon finding them offer forgiveness through Your extraordinary love. Luke 15
- Jesus, we thank You for all that You are doing in and through the Healing and Prayer Service to bring comfort, restoration, and peace in You. Psalm 23
- We pray that our children in VBS will know the mighty deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He does as the source of their strength. Ephesians 6:10; Psalm 78:4-8
- Lord, we know that You have given our Law Enforcement Officers a sacred task. We pray that You will protect them, give them wisdom and discernment, and create in them a deep desire to serve You. Please surround every Law Enforcement Officer with Your Angel Armies as they carry out their duties. Romans 13:1-4
- Our healing and prayer service is this evening, June 13th, in the Vine space from 6-7:30pm. If you’ve never experienced this service before, we invite you to come to see the healing the Lord is doing in people’s lives.
- Our Annual Middle School Flipt Retreat is just around the corner! FLIPt is a local mission experience for our students who have completed 6th-8th grade. From July 29th – August 1st, students will work in the Kingwood and Humble area and spend their nights at KUMC. Projects include yard work, building wheelchair ramps, and other home repairs as we use these opportunities to pour out the love of Jesus into our community. Students will have evenings filled with worship, lessons by our new director of student ministries, Blake de Llacer, and will have many opportunities for fellowship and fun, all unified under the name of Jesus. The cost of the camp is $100, with scholarships available. Sign up now online at kingwoodumc.org/students to guarantee a t-shirt!
Join us on social