Sunday, August 14th, 2022
August 14, 2022
- Lord, help us find a place of silence and solitude where we can “be still and know that You are God.” Mark 6:30-35, 45-47; Psalm 46:10-11
- Father, please open up opportunities for our pastors and us to speak God’s Word so that others may know You and Your Son, Jesus Christ. Colossians 4:2-6; John 17:3
- Lord, we join together as the body of Christ to pray for wisdom, clarity, and grace as we discern the future of our church. We ask You to fill our conversations and discussions with each other with grace. We are confident that during this uncertainty in our denomination, we can trust the certainty of God’s faithfulness. Ephesians 4:15; James 1; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
From Divided No More Study Group
- Lord, stir up conversations in our homes and in our community about issues of injustice. We yearn to listen to and pray for those who have faced this pain. Let us empathize with those who’ve been historically marginalized-because we know You care deeply about all of Your children. Let us understand Your heart for our broken world. Philippians 2:3-4; James 1:27
- Do your kids play sports? It can be challenging as they get older to make church a priority. On Sunday, August 14th, from 4:00-6:00pm, former MLB pitcher and author of the book More Than the Score, Pat Combs, will be at KUMC to kick off our series “Prioritizing a Christian Worldview in a Non-Christian World.” No registration is needed, and child care for eight and under will be provided.
Our next Healing and prayer service will be this evening, from 6-730pm in the Sanctuary. This is a time to come worship, listen to a short lesson, and leave space for the Holy Spirit to move in our midst. We hope you can join us!
As we continue to discern and prepare for the church vote on September 25th, we have two additional Conversations meetings scheduled. The first is on Sunday, August 21st at 6:00 pm, featuring UMC pastors BT Williamson and Judy Tefteller answering questions and sharing the perspective of those advocating to “stay UMC.” The following Sunday, August 28th at 6:00pm, features retired UMC pastor Jim Welch, former senior pastor of KUMC, as he answers questions sharing the perspective of those advocating to “go GMC”.
Our Fall Semester of Moms on the Grow will begin on Wednesday, August 31st, from 9-11:30am. This group welcomes any mom of newborns or children in school. This Fall, we will be doing a study by Priscilla Shirer titled “Discerning the Voice of God.” Guaranteed childcare is available with registration by Wednesday, August 17th. Please click here to register.
On Monday, August 22nd from 6:00p-8:00pm in Room E200/201, we will be hosting a one-time seminar for those who have lost a spouse. The meeting will cover subjects such as grief, loneliness, and anxiety and provide helpful advice on moving forward. To register, please visit griefshare.org
Join us on social